Ultrasonic thickness measurement gauge
ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAGES
Cygnus Ultrasonic Thickness Gages all measure using the Multiple-Echo Technique for accurate error-checked metal thickness measurements. This uses multiple pulses, providing verified thickness readings and allowing coatings up to 0.787 inch (20 mm) thick to be ignored.
Our UT thickness tester range now includes several PLUS+ models which also feature Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes for measuring extreme corrosion and pitting. Our measuring modes page provides guidelines on the use of each measuring mode.
The Surface range of thickness gages includes Intrinsically Safe for potentially explosive environments; Hands Free for rope access applications; General Purpose with large LCD display, linear data logging and simple menu operation; and the PRO with comprehensive data logging, A-Scan and B-Scan for professional users.
The Subsea range of thickness gages consists of the wrist-mounted DIVE and the handheld Underwater thickness gages for diver use; ROV mountable series for use on small, medium to large ROVs with optional probe handling solutions.
Manufactured in the UK, all our thickness gages are very simple to use and are built to last (3 year warranty supplied).
CYGNUS 2+ HANDS FREE
The Cygnus 2PLUS is a simple to use, multi-mode thickness gage having Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo capabilities. The rotatable end-mounted display makes it ideally suited for climbing and rope access.
The twin shot injection molded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is comfortable to hold and protects against bumps while the hard internal shell offers maximum strength and environmental protection certified to the demanding US MIL STD 810G standard.
Perfect for use on flat plate, curved surfaces or pipes our Multiple-Echo single crystal probe technology means you can measure through thick coatings and only the remaining metal thickness is displayed.
CYGNUS 6+ PRO
MULTI-MODE ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAUGE
The Cygnus 6 PLUS PRO has a range of features for the professional user including, multi-mode measuring capabilities, A-scan, real-time B‑scan, manual and automatic gain control and comprehensive data logging.
Designed for the harshest of environments with a simple to use keypad and intuitive menus. It incorporates a bright colour LCD display and an end mounted rotatable OLED display for easy viewing in hands free and rope access applications.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and back wall pitting
- A-scan display
- Real time B-scan display
- Manual and automatic gain control
- Comprehensive data logging capabilities
- Bluetooth connectivity
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) used in Single‑Echo and Echo-Echo measurement modes
- Dual display – large front LCD display and end-mounted OLED display with grayscale setting for bright sunlight
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Wrist mountable
- Minimum / maximum measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Intuitive easy to use menu
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing to IP67 – US MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo strength bars to assist quick measurements
- Buttons integral with the TPE moulding and designed for min 100,000 depressions.