Chime Ring Injection
- ReCAST SSB systems can be replenished while the tank is in operation.
- Can be combined with simple monitoring procedures to ensure effectiveness of the solution.
- Corrosion protection for voids and interstices that are impossible to protect with other methods.
- Protection for tank bottom plates and welds with little to no surface preparation. Innovative and cost effective.
- VCIs offer non-permanent corrosion protection at the molecular level that is safe and eco-friendly.
- VCI dispersion ensures uniform distribution across the tank bottom.
- Maintenance time is significantly reduced.
- Soil Side Bottom (SSB) corrosion of a tank that is in or out of service and has a concrete, bitumen, compacted sand or soil foundation.
- The opportunity costs when storage tanks are out of operation can be crippling.
- Tank operators have to suspend operations in order to complete patchwork repairs, or replace the entire bottoms.
- Storage tank leaks caused by bottom plate corrosion are hazardous to the environment.
Zerust Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) Are A Cost-Effective Way to Control Corrosion. Zerust Oil & Gas ReCAST Soil Side Bottom solutions provide a cost-effective means to mitigate underside corrosion of aboveground storage tanks while the tanks are in or out of service. Whether tank single or double bottoms rest on compacted sand, concrete, soil or bitumen, Zerust Oil & Gas has a solution to extend the serviceable life of these assets. Listed below are Zerust’s methods of introducing a VCI to the tank bottom environment, based on the design of the foundation and whether the tank is in service or out of service.
The Zerust patented ReCAST-SSB Chime Ring Dry solution is recommended for storage tanks with concrete or bitumen foundations. Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) are introduced through Zerust’s dry sleeve system while the tank is in service. Perforated PVC pipe is installed around the entire annular chime area. The VCI dry sleeves are installed into the PVC chime ring and the system is sealed to create an enclosure to maintain the VCIs. The VCIs migrate and absorb onto the metal surface. The diffusion of VCIs provides corrosion protection in the critical 3 to 4 meters from the annular chime ring.
Installation of UT Scan Ports and Coupon Ports
Installation of UT Scan Ports on Problematic Areas
Preparation of the Tank Chime
Installation of the “Chime Ring Dry” IDS PVS Pipes
Application of Viscotaq EZ Wrap
Complete Installation of Coupons and Inhibitor Sleeves. Finished Installation of Zerust IDS with Inhibitor Sleeves