Ultrasonic thickness measurement gauge
MULTI-MODE ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAUGE
Cygnus Ultrasonic Thickness Gages all measure using the Multiple-Echo Technique for accurate error-checked metal thickness. This uses multiple pulses, providing verified thickness readings and allowing coatings up to 0.787 inches thick to be ignored. Our UT thickness tester range now includes several PLUS+ models which also feature Single-Echo and Echo modes for measuring extreme corrosion and pitting. Our measuring modes page provides guidelines on the use of each measuring mode. The Surface range of thickness gages includes Intrinsically Safe for potentially explosive environments; Hands-Free; large LCD display, linear data logging, simple menu operation; and the PRO with comprehensive data logging, A-Scan, and B-Scan for professional users. The Subsea range of thickness gages consists of the wrist-mounted DIVE and the handheld Underwater thickness gages; ROV mountable series for use on small, medium to large ROVs with optional probe handling solutions. Manufactured in the UK, and are built to last (3-year warranty).
CYGNUS 6+ PRO
The Cygnus 6 PLUS PRO has a range of features for the professional user including, multi-mode measuring capabilities, A-scan, real-time B‑scan, manual and automatic gain control and comprehensive data logging. Designed for the harshest of environments with a simple to use keypad and intuitive menus. It incorporates a bright colour LCD display and an end-mounted rotatable OLED display for easy viewing in a hands-free and rope access applications.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and back wall pitting
- A-scan display
- Real time B-scan display
- Comprehensive data logging capabilities
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Measurement Stability Indicator used in Single‑Echo and Echo-Echo measurement modes
- Dual display and end-mounted OLED display with grayscale setting for bright sunlight
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Extremely rugged enclosure–shock and impact to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing to IP67–US MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo strength bars to assist quick measurements
- Buttons integral with the TPE moulding and designed for min 100,000 depressions
CYGNUS 1 INTRINSICALLY SAFE
The Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe is a simple and tough ultrasonic thickness gauge for safely measuring remaining metal thickness in hazardous/potentially explosive atmospheres. The gauge employs the Multiple-Echo technique to give accurate, self-verified measurements without removing coatings.
- Certified Intrinsically Safe to: ATEX Marking Group I & Group II; CSA Class 1 Group A, B, C & D Division 1; IECEx Ex ia IIC T2/T3/T6 Ga, Ex ia I Ma
- For use in Zone 0, Zone 1 hazardous areas
- No plant shutdown or hot work permit necessary
- Heavy duty sealed unit – IPX5 rated – highly dirt / dust resistant
- Rugged, durable, shock proof construction
- Stable calibration – linear accuracy – no zero adjustment
- Self-verification of the measurements to ensure accuracy
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable batteries with charger
- Displays sound velocity settings
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Probe frequency selectable
- Metric / Imperial switchable
The Cygnus 2 Hands-Free uses the Multiple-Echo technique to reliably measure metal thickness through coatings. The gauge is small and lightweight, yet very rugged and extremely simple to operate with its intuitive menu.
CYGNUS 2+ HANDS-FREE
The Cygnus 2+ is the advanced version of the Hands Free model, incorporating three measuring modes to measure the wall thickness of a variety of materials (including plastics) and metals of any level of corrosion and pitting.
The Cygnus 4 General Purpose thickness gauge uses the Multiple-Echo technique to accurately measure metal thickness without removing protective coatings. This compact gauge is light but tough and truly simple to use with its intuitive menu.
CYGNUS 4+ HANDS-FREE
The Cygnus 4 General Purpose thickness gauge uses the Multiple-Echo technique to accurately measure metal thickness without removing protective coatings. This compact gauge is light but tough and truly simple to use.