Casing end seal System
The Viscotaq® Casing End Seal System is based upon the use of the Viscotaq® Viscopaste in combination with the Viscotaq® Viscowrap and the Viscotaq® PU Composite Wrap. The system is applied to prevent water infiltration and corrosion where the carrier pipe enters the casing pipe. Viscotaq® is a non crystalline a polar viscous elastic solid polyolefin coating for corrosion prevention of underground and aboveground substrates. Viscotaq® molecular chemistry is unique and designed in such a way that the viscosity gives it permanent wetting characteristics and the elasticity of the product provides the strength and feeling of a solid. The Viscotaq® compound bonds to the substrate by means of Vander Waals principals, penetrating the pores and anomalies of the substrate. The coating remains in intimate contact with the subs trate creating an impermeable homogeneous corrosion prevention coating.
- Carrier pipe does not have to be centred in casing pipe
- Can be used on casings with multiple internal pipes
- Easy to install
- Inert material, no deterioration over time
- Surface preparation on both the carrier and casing pipe should be a min of 10” in both directions. It shall also be completed on the first 3” of the internal surface of the casing
pipe and also on the carrier pipe.
- Minimum surface preparation should be SSPC-SP2 (Hand Tool Clean).
- Clean surface with denatured alcohol or acetone.