Field Joint Coating
VISCOTAQ® Viscowrap HT is an amorphous (non-crystalline) a-polar viscous elastic solid polyolefin coating in roll form used for the protection of under and aboveground substrates against corrosion. VISCOTAQ® VISCOWRAP is a 2-layer system that consists of a corrosion protective inner wrap and mechanical protective outer wrap or outer coating. VISCOTAQ® has proven to be non shielding due to its van der Waals bonding on molecular level and its amorphous nature forming a continuous coating. VISCOTAQ® is a unique viscous-elastic non crystalline a-polar polyolefin for the protection of shaped and non-shaped substrates. VISCOTAQ® offers the pipeline industry an unrivaled technology when it comes to corrosion prevention. Unlike other coatings VISCOTAQ® always has a permanent and intimate contact with the surface of a substrate.
ViscoWrap HT is an amorphous, apolar, visco-elastic, semi-solid, polyoleﬁ n coating for corrosion prevention of underground and aboveground substrates for high temperatures. It is part of the Viscotaq coating system which consists of a corrosion protective inner layer (Viscowrap HT) and a mechanical protective outer layer. This coating system offers exceptional corrosion prevention and waterprooﬁng for a variety of substrates.
PVC Outer Wrap
Viscotaq® PVC Outer Wrap is a Heavy Duty PVC in the form of a roll. The tape is used as an Outer Wrap for the mechanical protection of Viscotaq® products against soil stress, back fill procedures and other forms of mechanical impact. Furthermore, it provides a continuous external pressure to the Viscotaq® corrosion prevention inner material and accelerates the process of the formation of a homologue continuous inner coating.
- Softening point +152,8° C/+307,04° F.
- Glass transition temperature -40° C/-40° F CD value 0 – 3 mm (ISO 21809-3) ASTM G8) at +23° C/+73,4° F.
- Self healing in case of small damages. Impervious to moisture and gases.
- Adhesion to the substrate without primer.
- Remaining flexibility over decades. Completely amorphous, forms one continuous coating.
- Permanent wetting characteristics.
- Eliminates Microbiological Induced Corrosion (MIC). No curing time. Extreme high chemical resistance.
- No sensitivity to salts and osmosis. Cohesive fracture. 100% inert formulation: no reactive groups and no deterioration in the course of time.
- Recommended surface preparation SA 2-½ or SSPC/ SP-10. Surface preparation minimum SSPC / SP-2 .
- Degrease with Isopropanol. Cleaning is required.