The Flange Protection system consist of the Viscotaq® Viscosealant in combination with the Viscotaq® EZ Wrap to stop corrosion between the flange faces of on onshore and offshore applications. The system provides a seal that is not affected by vibrations of the pipeline, movements, freeze/thaw, expansion & contraction. Viscotaq® is hydrophobic; therefore water intake and water vapor permeability are very low. Viscotaq® is non-toxic, contains no VOC’s and adheres aggressively to most all surfaces such as steel, PE, epoxies, tar, stainless, aluminum, etc. The result is a long-term corrosion prevention system and a maintenance free solution for many years. The coating remains in intimate contact with the substrate creating an impermeable homogeneous corrosion prevention coating.
- Wide temperature range for application Impermeable to moisture and gases
- Permanent wetting characteristics
- NO primer needed
- SP2 surface preparation (wire brush)
- Inert material, no deterioration over time
- Immediate adhesion to substrate
- Non-toxic, non-flammable
- Flexible and pliable
- Does not crack or becomes brittle
- No cure time
- Cold applied
- Freeze and thaw resistant
- UV resistant
- Manufactured under ISO9001
- Patented Technology
- Easy to remove
Molds and forms easily
- A-polar and rejects water
- Minimum surface preparation should be SSPC-SP2 (Hand Tool Clean).
- Once loose materials are removed, clean surface with denatured alcohol or acetone to remove any remaining dust, grease and
- Surface of the substrate should be 5°F+ above the dew point.
- Keep the working area clean and dry. Avoid the presence of water.